“The Major fortunes in America have been made in land.”- John D Rockefeller (World’s first billionaire)
Today’s wise investment in the right place will yield you a ton of greater returns in the future. Barrie and its surrounding areas are such a place.
What if I say your $166K investment in the month of January 2011 on any Detached house property would have returned you an approx. of $499K that is 200% increased return higher than most of the places in Canada. Sounds Fascinating, doesn’t it.
Barrie is a modern day “Back to the Future” DeLorean time machine with a bullish capacitor fixed inbuilt.
Let’s have a look at the number of homes sold through the MLS® System of the Barrie & District Association of REALTORS® totaled 344 units in December 2020. This was a large increase of 51.5% from December 2019. This was also a new sales record for the month of December.
Despite the pandemic situation, 5718 homes sold over the course of 2020. This was an increase of 23.6% from the same period in 2019.
Here are some highlights from the data collected from CREA(The Canadian Realestate Association),
- Residential sales activity numbered 177 units in December 2020. This was a large increase of 42.7% on a year-over-year basis.
- Sales activity posted a large increase of 62.1% on a year-over-year basis in surrounding areas, where sales totalled 167 units in December 2020.
- The average price of homes sold in December 2020 was a record $744,835, a large increase of 34.7% from December 2019.
- The dollar value of all home sales in December 2020 was $256.2 million, more than double the levels from a year earlier and rocketing up 104.1% from the same month in 2019. This was also a new record for the month of December.
- The more comprehensive annual average price was $635,827, rising 17.9% from all of 2019.
In Summary, Why Barrie ?
- Quarterly upward price change is 14.2% which is comparatively higher in most of the places in Canada.
- Average Days in the market is less than 16 days which is another healthy criteria for any real-estate.
- Selling to listing ratio tops 106%.
- Tourism is one of the advantages that adds value to your investment.
- During summer locals and tourists flock to five beach spots located throughout the city and boating is also very famous that connects Lake Simcoe and the Trent Severn Waterway.
- Top 5 Hottest neighbourhoods around are Bayshore, 400 North, Painswick South, Holly and Painswick North.
We’re not financial advisors but we believe and good at finding a suitable house. Please connect us at 416-675-6300 for any enquiry about the Barrie listing properties that you see at our site. Our designated realtor will be happy to help you clear all your doubts and make necessary arrangements if you’re planning to visit the place.
References and Foot Notes: